Free Cyber Security Guide for Seniors #042321: Get up-to-date on internet safety via this guide with information and tips for seniors on how to safely and securely navigate along the super information highway. Thank you, Heather Reiner, Senior Editor, VPN SMASH for sharing.
The Brain Bus. #8.
Contact Ellie Goodwin, Freedom Public Library Supervisor, Marion County Public Library System, Marion County Board of County Commissioners for more information. 5870 SW 95th St., Ocala, FL 34476. Main: 352-438-2580 Direct: 352-438-2585. Empowering Marion for Success!
Info Bank and Library of Resources #7.:
The BOOKS shared below are sponsored by either the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Developmental Disabilities or the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, Inc. This is only a partial list of items in the info bank/library:
- Easing Your Stress – Information for Caregivers of Individuals with Development Disabilities.
- Planning Ahead – A Guide for Parents, Family Members, and Legal Representatives of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- FirstSteps – A Guide to Your Child’s Development
- SEXUALITY across the Lifespan – for Children and Adolescents with Development Disabilities
- The Florida Rural Routes to Employment Replication Manual
VA Caregiver Support #6.:
The VA offers in-home and support services for Veterans with Family Caregivers. Learn more at: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/Care_Veterans.asp
Caregiver Missionaries Online #5.:
“Close to 49 million informal or family caregivers offer assistance of all sorts to adults in America”According to the National Alliance for Caregiving and AARP
- AARP’s mission is to empower people to choose how they live as they age. They offer specific resources for caregivers and their families. www.aarp.org/caregiving
- Caregiver Action Network’s mission is to promote resourcefulness and respect for the more than 90 million family caregivers across the country. They offer free video education. caregiveraction.org
- Caregiving.com was launched in 1996 to help those who care for a family member or friend. They offer blogs on various areas of caregiving, including caring for children and siblings and caregiver certified training. www.caregiving.com
- Family Caregiver Alliance’s mission is to improve the quality of life for caregivers and the people who receive their care. They offer free video education. www.caregiver.org
- mmLearn.org’s mission is to improve the quality of care and the quality of life of older adults by providing family caregivers, pastoral care providers and healthcare professionals, training and education based on evidence and best practices, using progressive technology and other advanced delivery methods. They offer training videos galore. training.mmlearn.org/caregiver-training-videos
- National Institute on Aging seeks to understand the nature of aging and the aging process, and diseases and conditions associated with growing older, to extend the healthy, active years of life. Caregivers can benefit from the research articles provided. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/caregiving
- Tilt Parenting’s mission is to change the way difference is perceived and experienced in the world so these exceptional kids can thrive in their schools, in their families, and their lives. They offer many resources including links to podcasts and blogs for parents raising exceptional children. http://www.tiltparenting.com
Get Paid to Provide Services to Your Love One #4.: Get the FAQs at Caregiver.com