If you like inspirational quotes, you will likely enjoy scripture verses. Whether you consider yourself a saint or a sinner, well-formed words make us feel empowered and wise. We want to memorize them and share them with friends. And this is the case today.
Over the past year, I’ve been puzzled by the number of references in the Word and world about terms such as shining and light and brightness, so I figured, I’d take my time to collect some. Many will be in scripture form from the Bible but others may not.
So how many are there? I’m not sure. But I’m excited to try to find out. Okay. Here goes…
- The road the righteous travel is like the sunrise, getting brighter and brighter until daylight has come. Proverbs 4:18
- Don’t be envious of sinful people; let reverence for the Lord be the concern of your life. If it is, you have a bright future. Proverbs 23:17-18
- Well, said, Stephanie! And thus concludes the end of this Shining Verses post for now.
Have a Brilliant Monday, November 5, 2018!
“Their (Wise Parents) instructions are a shining light; their correction can teach you how to live.” Proverbs 6:23.
(These two verses came from Cherlono via a comment on another post. I’m grateful for these gifts wrapped in other Believers)
6. “For You, O Lord, are my lamp; The Lord illumines and dispels my darkness. 2 Samuel 22:29, and
7. The Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it [and is unreceptive to it]. JOHN 1:5. Both from the Amplified Version.
8. You will succeed in all you do,
and light will shine on your path.
God brings down the proud
and saves the humble. Job 22: 28-29. Be humble, y’all!
9. “The righteous are like a light shining brightly; the wicked are like a lamp flickering out.” Proverbs 13:9 GNB