To Shine…in other words…
On this post, I’ve given you 28 starter words, but feel free to chose your own and provide definitions. This is not to be laborious. So, whatever you do, have fun knowing you possess the ability to make this world a brighter place.
- Scintillate – to emit sparks (v).
- Coruscate – to be brilliant or showy in technique or style (v).
- Sheen – to be bright (v), a bright or shining condition (n). Beautiful (adj).
- Polish – refers to a smooth, shining or bright surface that reflects light produced by rubbing or friction (v).
- Luster – a glow of reflected light, an inner beauty (radiance), a glow of light within (n).
- Gloss – surface luster or brightness (n).
Luminescence – the emission of light by a substance that has not been heated, as in fluorescence and phosphorescence (n).
- Patina – a surface appearance of something grown beautiful especially with age or use (n).
- Sparkle – to give off or reflect bright moving points of light (int. v).
- Twinkle – to shine with a flickering or sparkling light (int. v).
- Excel – to be superior to: surpass in accomplishment or achievement (trans. v).
- Burnish – to make shiny or lustrous especially by rubbing (trans. v).
- Fluoresce – shine or glow brightly due to fluorescence (v).
- Flame – the glowing gaseous part of a fire (n).
- Flash – to shine in a bright but brief, sudden, or intermittent way (v).
- Glimmer – shine faintly with a wavering light (v).
- Glint – to give off reflection in brilliant flashes (int. v).
- Radiate – to send out rays: shine brightly (int. v).
- Glisten – to give off a sparkling or lustrous reflection of or as if of a moist or polished surface (v).
- Shimmer – to shine with a soft tremulous or fitful light (int. v).
- Beam – to send out rays of light (int. v).
- Flare – a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light (n).
- Spangle – a small glittering object or particle (n).
- Glow – a steady radiance of light or heat (n).
- Brilliance – Intense brightness of light (n).
- Splendor – Magnificent and splendid appearance; grandeur (n).
- Illuminate – Light up (int v).
- Dazzle – To overpower with light; to hinder distinct vision by intense light (trans v).
Leave a Reply